Friday, July 22, 2016

We're back!

By Katie

It's high time I get around to writing a blog post about this huge life change we've had. On June 30 we arrived in Honduras and started settling into our new home. Since we haven't done much about communication, I'll start at the very beginning. Matt accepted a job with World Renew (the new name of the organization that we went with before when we lived in Honduras). He's now a Program Consultant, which means he works with programs such as the agriculture program he was a part of before, and helps them design and carry out goals so as to stay on track with grants. We live in the city which is a pretty big change from the small town we lived in before. This time we have a kitchen sink and cupboards! It feels pretty swanky.

The kids and I are settling into new life here. We still haven't received our boxes that we shipped from home, so we're running a bare-bones operation around here. The kids get a little lost sometimes, so they look to me more often to guide them for what to do. We spend lots of time outside, but there's a lot that I have to do inside too.


I originally was thinking I might stay home and maybe even home school for the first year. I can only find 5-day options for preschool and I thought that was a little much. But, a few days into living here, we all decided that homeschooling was a bad idea and that five days of preschool sounds great! I hear from other moms that there are way fewer options for getting out such as moms Bible studies, library story times, fewer parks to visit, all of which help make five days of preschool make sense. I've applied for a job at a Pre-K-12 school where the kids could go to preschool and I'm scouting out other options too. Would you pray with me for discernment and opportunity in finding a good fit for our family? Thank you!

Matt's been gone all week out in various communities, some of which were ones that he worked with when we lived in the department of Olancho. Hopefully he'll have some pictures and stories to share when he gets back.

1 comment:

Cheri Vander Moren said...

I'm glad we can stay up to date with your family on this new phase of life! Hopefully way better than our poor performance in keeping in contact previously!!