Sunday, April 13, 2008

Catacamas

Recently we have been getting more information from Diaconia about the details of living in Honduras. We will be staying in an apartment in Catacamas where other volunteers are currently staying. Catacamas is a city of about 30,000 people right in the middle of the department of Olancho near the "Sierra de Agalta" mountains. When I studied in Honduras I was able to travel near Catacamas, but never made it to the city. This May I will be in Honduras finishing up an internship for my studies in Sustainable Agriculture Systems at the University of Minnesota. I will be working with coffee producers in Minas de Oro for about a month. I might get to meet with the Diaconia staff at the end of my internship trip. Here is a map that shows both Minas de Oro and Catacamas:

View Larger Map

-Matt

1 comment:

rubyslipperlady said...

Yea! Thanks for the map, that's great for me - I'm a visual gal.