Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Language Learning and Grace

September 30, 2008
By Katie

Matt and I were humbled this Sunday when a family at church spent quite a bit of time talking with us and getting to know us. They showed an amazing amount of perseverance in the conversation since it’s not easy to talk to language learners like ourselves. The time they spent laboring through the conversation meant a lot to me. They could have smiled, shook our hands and then talked amongst themselves. Actually, this family is only one example of the many people we encounter each day who show us grace by working hard at communicating with us (especially with me, as my Spanish is weaker than Matt’s). I’ll never be able to repay some of these people who I encounter, so I hope that the readers of this blog might read this account, and in turn choose to show such grace to the language learners they meet. Please help us pay it forward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.