Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Tegucigalpa


Matt and I arrived in Tegucigalpa, Honduras yesterday. Ana the bridger from CRWRC and Dilia the director of Diaconia Nacional picked us up at the airport, took us out for lunch and then to a mall to get a cell phone, groceries and do some banking. After that we went back to the office that CRWRC and Diaconia share. It used to be a house, so we stayed the night there. We can’t say enough about how hospitable they’ve all been to us. We feel so blessed to be so well taken care of. They’re all very patient with me as I fumble with my Spanish and they practice their English. We go back and forth between the languages. Today we had a meeting with Ana of CRWRC and she’ll take us off to language school soon. Thanks for your prayers for a safe arrival!

Email us if you´d like our cell phone numbers. It´s incredibly cheap for us to call you too!
--Katie

3 comments:

Beckering Family said...

So glad that you guys made it there safely. We have been thinking a lot about you and pray that your first couple of weeks may go good and that you may get settled in. I am sure it makes the arrival so much easier when the people there are welcoming to you. Take care and we can't wait to hear more from you soon!

Anonymous said...

hey guys!! I'm so glad you had a safe trip, mom called as soon as they heard from you, my email is dekmeg@bethel.edu :) I'm not offended that I didn't make the list. Katie I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you "live" before you left, and only left a message, what a horrible sisterinlaw of me! Definately give us your cell#, how do we call you? I can't wait to hear all about what's going on down there, you guys are in our daily thoughts and prayers and its been heavy on my heart this last week, I really hope to come down and visit while you are there God willing, love you guys and miss you tons!!

rubyslipperlady said...

Great to hear that you made it well. I know that you will be well cared for with Ana.