Friday, August 1, 2008

Moving on

One week from today Matt and I will be checking out of our apartment in Minneapolis and loading up our U-Haul to bring to Michigan. We're storing our things at my parents' house for the year (thanks, Mom and Dad :)). Right now our house is a mess; we have boxes everywhere, evidence of our move to come.

We'll spend a little more than a week in Michigan (August 10-18; we'd love to see all of our Michigan friends--call us!). On August 18 at 5:35 am we fly to Houston and then on to Honduras. We'll be in Tegucigalpa in the early afternoon. It's a really short trip (especially compared to our friends Joy and Paul who are in Uganda right now--it took them two whole days of travel!).

We just got an email from our Honduran coordinator (Bridger, to use the terms CRWRC uses) about what we'll be up to in the first few weeks. Here it is:

On August 18, Ana (the Bridger) will pick us up from the airport and bring us to the CRWRC office.
From August 19-31 we'll be just outside of Teguc taking Spanish lessons.
From Sept 1-5 we'll be at the CRWRC office meeting the staff of CRWRC and Diaconia for a monthly meeting. From there, the Diaconia folks will bring us to Catacamas, our new hometown!

(Culture note: I just noticed how incredibly American I am to inform you all of my schedule...I'll have to adjust this mindset.)

Both Matt and I are really looking forward to the experiences we'll have working in Honduras. We can tell that we are being prayed for during this time of preparation because the peace we feel about this coming year can only be attributed to God and His care for us. Thank you for those prayers. We pray for you too, our friends and family from all over, in all your life situations. I predict that this year I'll learn a lot about the power of prayer.

Well everyone, we hope to see you soon. And if it doesn't work out to see you in person, we'll keep in touch another way.

--Katie

PS. Matt finished his thesis and defended it and now he has a master's degree! Yeah! Phew!

3 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

Katy & Matt - sending you our best wishes and prayers for your new adventure. jack & Connie Timmer

Unknown said...

I found a surprise on my doorknob today--coffee roasted by Matt! Thanks for the gift! You will be in my prayers.